2020-21 Course Selection Booklet
Grade 10-11 Course selection presentation for the 2020-21 school year
2020-21 Course selection timeline for current grade 10-11 students
- February 11th: Grade 10-11 students receive their personalized course selection form and credit check.
- February 14th: Grade 10 & 11 assemblies: Grade 10 & 11 assemblies where students will have their personalized course selection sheets along with their credit check on the back. Guidance counsellors will explain the courses selection process, the course selection sheet, how to complete a credit check and answer questions.
- February 18th: Information session for current grade 10 & 11 parents in the Bella Rose Theatre following Curriculum Night.
- February 11- February 20th: Research and completion of course selection forms
- Students use this time to look over their completed credit check, research post –secondary interest/programs, check out course descriptions in the HWHS course selection booklet online, discuss options with family/teachers/friends and complete their course selection form.
- February 20th: Deadline to return completed and signed course selection forms to their C block teacher.
- February 24th-March 10th : Guidance counsellors will be meeting with all students in the computer lab over the span of a couple of weeks to input their course selections. At this time, counsellors will review the students’ selection and the students have an opportunity to ask questions. Students need to have their Powerschool username and password to do this.
- Once a student has met with their counsellor and input their course selections, an appointment with their counsellor can be scheduled for fine tuning, if still required.