Attention current Grade 10-11s: Please see below for all the information you need to help with your 2022-23 course selection
2022-23 Course selection Timeline Overview for current grade 10-11 students
- February 16, B block: Course selection Presentation: Grade 10 & 11 course selection presentation will be done virtually this year. Students will be given personalized course selection sheets along with their credit check on the back. Guidance counsellors will explain the courses selection process, the course selection sheet, how to complete a credit check and give all relevant information required to make informed course selections.
- February 17th: Course selection Powerpoint will be posted to the HWHS School Counselling page for parents and students.
- February 16th-March 10th: Research & Course input through PowerSchool
- Students use this time to look over their completed credit check, research post –secondary interest/programs, check out course descriptions in the HWHS course selection booklet online, discuss options with family/teachers/friends and complete their course selection form.
- Students will input their courses on their own through PowerSchool either at home, school library, Halifax public library, etc.
- March 10th: Deadline to input course selection in PowerSchool and return their completed/signed course selection forms to their B Block teacher.
Students can get help from their guidance counsellor through one of the following:
- Drop by during the lunch hour to ask questions as all three counsellors will be available at this time.
- Email their counsellor with their specific question.
- Once students have completed research and are familiar with course descriptions, they can discuss their tentative course selection plan with their counsellor during an appointment.