Supplement for Grade 9s choosing Grade 10 Courses
2017-18 Course selection timeline for current grade 10-11 students
- March 3rd: Grade 10 & 11 assemblies where students will be given personalized course selection sheets along with their credit check on the back. Guidance counsellors will explain the courses selection process, the course selection sheet, how to complete a credit check and answer questions.
- March 3rd-29th: Students use this time to look over their completed credit check, research post –secondary interest/programs, check out course descriptions in the HWHS course selection booklet online, discuss options with family/teachers/friends and complete their course selection form. Students will input their courses on their own through PowerSchool either at home, school library, Halifax public library, etc.
- Students can do one of three things for further information:
- Email their questions to their guidance counsellor
- Drop by during the lunch hour to ask questions as all three counsellors will be available at this time.
- Book appointment with their guidance counsellor
- March 29th: Deadline to input course selection in PowerSchool and return their completed/signed course selection forms to their B Block teacher.